[GNC] Paying business vendor invoice: enter vendor's name twice

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Apr 27 15:03:37 EDT 2019

On Sat, 27 Apr 2019, Adrien Monteleone wrote:

> Notice the ‘else’ at the beginning of the second sentence. Only use that
> select button to open a find dialog if GnuCash doesn’t manage to give you
> the desired vendor in an auto-complete list.

Ah so. Having the 'Select' button immediately adjacent to the vendor name
text entry widget _implies_ the user wants to select that vendor. It has not
be obvious (or 'intuitive' as applications like to call it) that after
entering the vendor's name I just click the OK button. The position of the
dialog box suggested to me that gnucash should select the entered name.

And, I did not look in the manual for how to generate a new vendor invoice
because the menus seemed sufficiently easy to understand.

Thanks for clarifying,

Rich