[GNC] 8.1 Find (^F) set default search preferences?

Jeff Albrecht jeffa at rodaw.com
Sat Apr 27 21:09:53 EDT 2019

I looked through '8.1 Find'
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v3/C/gnucash-help/tool-find.html hoping to
find a way to save a default search criteria setup. I didn't see that in
this section, is there a way?

I've been searching repeatedly today as I enter some transactions for a
bank that apparently only exports to .CSV without much retention. Before
I manually enter a transaction I search on the transactions amount to
see if possibly I've already entered it.

When I enter ^F for search it always comes up with
  Type of search radio buttons - Refine current search. (I don't have
any other open searches.)
  Search Criteria - description -> contains

I'd like it to come up at least for this afternoon's workflow where I'm
using ^F many times...
  Type of search radio buttons - New search
  Search Criteria - Value (once I select Value has credits or debits and
equal to list items are selected.)

  - Jeff