[GNC] Dimensions in Accounts

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Apr 29 06:29:12 EDT 2019

On Monday, 29 April 2019 11:18:31 BST Sachin Danave wrote:
> Sorry I was not clear on my requirement.
>
> I want a Classification field which is attached to an account. This could
> be an "owner", so while we have a single Parent Bank account, and 2
> accounts of me and my wife below it, I need something to tag these
> accounts. That way, when I run a report, I will be able to segregate these
> accounts.
>
> Other option is to have a separate hierarchy, but that just increases the
> number of accounts.
>
> In general, can we add any custom fields at all to the tables / forms ?

Hi Sachin,

can you set up sub-accounts under the main bank account.  The reports may
(depending on options) allow you to split the two halves or subtotal them
together.

I don't think there is a way to add a custom field.

You perhaps could do something with the "Num/Action" field and put a tag in
there to permit later sorting?

HTH,
Maf.