[GNC] Handling Prepayments

David Burleigh david.burleigh at saphar.net
Tue Apr 30 17:16:00 EDT 2019

I have a vendor (a VOIP service provider) that requires prepayments for
all services. So the way I have been doing this is to process a payment
to that vendor, which gives me a credit balance with them. Then, at the
end of the month, I post a bill from that service provider for the
total cost of the services used during that month, which is less than
the credit balance I have with that vendor. But the next time I start
up GnuCash, the "Due Bills Reminder" pops up and shows me that "unpaid"
bill, which is in fact "paid" out of the credit balance.

So, my question is, how can I make those reminders go away? Or is there
a better way to account for these transactions?