[GNC] locked data base

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Thu Aug 1 14:32:57 EDT 2019

HI,

On Thu, August 1, 2019 2:25 pm, Bob Sisk wrote:
> GnuCash could not obtain the lock for
> file:///home/bob/Dropbox/gnucash_data/GreenGrillsData.gnucash.20180825170527.gnucash.20190706140712.gnucash.

First, why are you opening a backup file?  Specifically, this is a backup
of a backup!  So at some point you opened the backup made on August 28,
2018...  And then on July 6th, 2019 you opened a new backup file...  And
have been using that as your data file.   Are you SURE that's what you
want to be doing?

> I get the above message when trying to open Gnucash. I click "open
> anyway" and it seems normal. What is causing this and what should I do?
> I am running Linux Mint 19.1.

Are you sure that there is not another GnuCash instance running?
Do you perhaps shutdown (or logout) without quitting GnuCash?

This pop-up comes up when GnuCash finds the lock file still there to
prevent two instances of the program from opening the same data file.

-Derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745