[GNC] crashing trying to do a simple split

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Aug 1 21:06:04 EDT 2019

I just switched from my usual Transaction Journal to Basic. (I always have Double Line mode on)

I was able to enter a date, NUM, and description, then I clicked in the amount box (skipping over the ’transfer’ field) and entered an amount. I then hit the split *button* and assigned the second split to an account and committed the transaction. (first split defaulted to the current account)

So you *can* enter an amount here as you found out.

But I wasn’t able to trigger a crash like the OP, though I am using MacOS Mojave and not Win10. (also with 3.6, so 3.5< behavior might be different)

Regards,
Adrien