[GNC] crashing trying to do a simple split

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Thu Aug 1 20:43:30 EDT 2019

Hi John,

I did have both the Autosplit ledger and the Double Line options selected
however the sequence of operations for creating a transaction is much the
same with the Basic Ledger selected along with Double-line mode. You still
can't enter an amount before you open the line for the first split which
opens with the account selected to the account associated with the current
register at least on the Linux box.

I just did the same thing in V3.5 on my wife's Windows 10 box and I seem to
be getting a different behavior from V3.6 on  the Linux box. Hitting Enter
after entering the date and description didn't open up a new line and I was
able to enter the amount at the first line and it created the second splt to
Imbalance by default.  It may be that I had the register open on the Linux
box before changing the options and these didn't get passed through
automatically.

I also currently have the same file open on both boxes after overriding the
lock which is an interesting situation but both are altering the file but
obviously not reflecting changes to the other unless the file is reloaded.
I'll check it out a bit more carefully with only one box connected to the
file at a time.

David

-----
David Cousens