[GNC] Migration

Mike Commissaris commissaris.mike at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 23:18:45 EDT 2019

> Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2019 11:09:27 -0700
> From: Clint Chaplin <joatmon at gmail.com>
> To: Mike Commissaris <commissaris.mike at gmail.com>
> Cc: Gnucash Users <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
> Subject: Re: [GNC] gnucash-user Digest, Vol 196, Issue 61
>
> How did you handle your investments?  I can see starting afresh with
> standard transactions, but investments can live and have records for
> decades (capital gains/losses, etc.).
>
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 10:41 PM Mike Commissaris <
> commissaris.mike at gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry, not much help for you in that regard. I have a small number of
mutual funds and tend to buy and hold. I did, as you say,  just start fresh
at the beginning of the year, and just added the small amount of activity
throughout the year, without any import. Time allowing, I enter previous
data as I can.