[GNC] Migration

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat Aug 3 06:08:24 EDT 2019

On Thu, 1 Aug 2019 03:03:11 +0000 (UTC)
"David T. via gnucash-user" <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:

> I can't comment on the ease of migration from the other application,
> but I can say that the strict enforcement of double entry accounting
> in gnucash causes most Quicken refugees some discomfort.

Here I would agree.
My Quicken data, which I had started last century, was very poorly
entered and I found that a lot of my GST entries were entered in
reverse, a possibility that could not happen with careful use of
Gnucash.
Over the years my annual accountants bill has not gone up too much, so
I think that the higher standard of data entry enforced with Gnucash
has saved me hard currency.

I do 4 sets of books in Gnucash, including invoicing, but do not track
bills received nor stocks and shares.

Ease of migration?? I have no recall whatsoever of what happened.

liz