[GNC] Last month's transactions included in Reconciliation Report

Art Chimes artsonline at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 09:56:19 EDT 2019

I want to produce a Reconciliation Report for a credit card account. I set
the date range to correspond to the period covered by the statement. What I
get, however, is a report that includes all of last month's transactions.

This is apparently because those transactions were *reconciled* within the
selected date range.

Maybe this is standard accounting practice. I'm just a migrating Quicken
user, so I'm pretty sure my knowledge of such things is quite limited. But
it does seem illogical and distracting to have all these irrelevant (to me)
transactions on screen/paper.

Is there an option I'm missing? (The old transactions appear even though I
did not check the box to display reconciliation date.) Should I report this
as a bug?

(This may be related to Bug 796614, which has supposedly been addressed.)

Thanks in advance,
Art