[GNC] Proposed change of "U+R" and "R" in the Import main matcher.

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Aug 6 22:41:02 EDT 2019

Just curious here,

So, if a user has years (decades even) of historical transactions that have already long ago been officially reconciled, the GnuCash importer does not offer the option of importing this historical data as reconciled but only ‘cleared’?

Thus, someone coming to GnuCash and wanting to import historical records for continuity (taking advantage of reporting that GnuCash offers which other software may not) the user has to re-reconcile each and every period for their entire historical import? Really?

Please someone tell me I misunderstood something...

*note* I get it if this simply hasn’t been implemented or accounted for yet, I just am curious as to the current state of affairs.

Regards,
Adrien