[GNC] Setting up a new accounting scheme in GnuCash

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 09:08:41 EDT 2019

>From my understanding, the account-type is mainly used in reports.
Otherwise you're right, you can tweak any account-type at leisure within
limits eg can't change currency-type account to stock-type account;
subaccounts of Asset/Liability/Income/Expense are limited according to the
parent-type.

e.g. Net worth reports will calculate asset balance less liability balance.