[GNC] Setting up a new accounting scheme in GnuCash

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Aug 8 12:32:19 EDT 2019

There are a few other limitations.

The Business Features restrict certain account selections for various functions based on type. (what you can post line items to, what you can post entire bills/invoices to, what accounts are available to make payments from, etc.)

Also, when deleting an account, GnuCash will not offer to allow you to move the transactions in that account to another account of certain types. (you can’t move asset transactions to a liability account for example) In that case, you would first have to change the type of the account you want to delete to match the destination, then perform the delete. (and move)

Regards,
Adrien