[GNC] gnucash-user Digest, Vol 197, Issue 15

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Aug 8 14:27:22 EDT 2019

I haven’t used Dropbox in some time, but as I recall, you could access it directly or you could sync local folders to it.

I’d think the local folder sync would be the best route for GnuCash. That way, each computer is writing to the local file system. This will improve save speed, remove occasion of network hiccups during the save, and avoiding any issues with GnuCash accessing remote file paths.

So re-save the file on computer 1 in a folder on computer 1, then sync that folder to Dropbox.

On computer 2, link the synced folder on Dropbox to a similarly named folder.

When you save on computer 1, it will save locally, then sync to cloud.

When you open computer 2, it will sync from cloud and then GnuCash will open locally.

When you save on computer 2, the same process will happen in reverse.

Other still current users of GnuCash and Dropbox might have other/better recommendations.

Regards,
Adrien

p.s. - when replying to a digest, please copy/paste the subject you are replying to as your subject (rather than gnucash-user Digest, Vol 197, Issue 15) and trim the quoted material to the relevant discussion, or if starting a new topic, don’t use the reply button, use the compose/write/new button and simply send the message to gnucash-user at gnucash.org, your e-mail client will likely have this saved already for autocompletion.