[GNC] Windows Report Options Dialog Setting

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 12 00:11:00 EDT 2019

Hello,

GnuCash 3.5 on Windows 10.

I have discovered a UI problem that I believe to be a bug. It appears
that if a user maximizes the Options dialog for a report, and then saves
the options by clicking OK, the maximized window size becomes the
default options window size from that point forward. This newly-saved
window has the added unfortunate behavior that the edges of this window
are not resizable without first moving the window, so it appears to the
user as if the new arrangement for this dialog is a permanent change.

This is confusing; I was prepared to ask the list how I should get back
the options dialog as a window, but ultimately figured out the odd steps
needed to reset the window dimensions.

I would expect that the original window size would remain in effect, and
that the maximized toggle status would also remain in effect. In other
words, if I reopen the options dialog, I would either expect to see the
original dialog window dimensions *or* a maximized dialog window that
allows me to toggle back to normal size.

Instead, some version of the maximized window size is saved as the new
dialog size. I say "some size" because the options window that opens up
on subsequent tries is not the full screen--and the maximize button
opens the (previously maximized) dialog a little bit more.

As I said, I believe this behavior is a bug.

David T.