[GNC] journal entries

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Wed Aug 14 17:56:57 EDT 2019

Dale,

There is a wiki page on the migration from Quicken
(https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Quicken_Migration) and perhaps this is a more
appropriate place to document differences for new users coming from other
packages as hopefully this is where they will end up. Perhaps a note
referring to the wiki for those migrating from Quicken in the introductory
sections of the docs. Being a wiki this can be expanded by users themselves.
I think I remember seeing a paragraph somewhere in the docs which points out
that unlike many other accounting packages, GnuCash is register oriented
rather than journal or task oriented as the primary entry method. I found
that aspect particularly useful as an accounting student 10 or more years
ago as GnuCash more closely matched what appeared in T accounts in my text
books.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens