[GNC] journal entries

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 11:38:27 EDT 2019

Am Mo., 12. Aug. 2019 um 17:21 Uhr schrieb David T. via gnucash-user
<gnucash-user at gnucash.org>:

> I'm not sure how this is a challenge, especially since both John and
> David C. pointed you in the right direction in the docs. Perhaps you are
> associating the term "Journal entry" with something special?
:
In the times of ink and paper, you had to enter (parts of) a
transaction 3 times:
Journal, Account A, Account B.

On computers it is different, e.g.
you enter all details in account A and the relevant parts appear also
in account B and Tools->General Journal.

HTH
Frank

: