[GNC] journal entries

Dale Alspach alspachde at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 11:58:31 EDT 2019

I think Frank is on the right track. The original poster is coming from
Quicken which I have never used. I think it is similar to Quickbooks
which I have used a little. Journal entries are used for corrections,
some transfers between accounts, etc., in Quickbooks.

Gnucash does not have a special notion of journal entry. The General
Journal is just a view of all transactions from all accounts. This may
be what is confusing the original poster.

Dale