[GNC] First Day of the Week

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Aug 12 17:22:17 EDT 2019

John,

Thanks for the insights.

How does first day of the week affect reports in GnuCash? The only report I can think of that might be an issue is the Expenses/Income vs. Day of the week, but each day is reported separately, though Sunday is listed first in the key, it is a pie chart. All other date selections I can find are based on month or longer, or use specific dates. (do some reports give weekly subtotals for example? I haven’t seen or used that yet)

I didn’t think about the date picker as I always enter my dates manually, but certainly, I can see how that could be annoying.

Certainly, the software should be able to match your life. You shouldn’t have to change to work around a bug.

And please report any issues you find. While previous reports may not have received attention (yet) that does not mean some other issue won’t. It might be that someone else with developer skills and time might jump in and fix one or two. One issue may shed light on others. A discussion may ensue on how to address the issue for when it is actually fixed. So reporting isn’t a waste of time even if they don’t get fixed right away. (or even for an extended period)

I know some calendar issues were looked at in the move to 3.x. Perhaps one of the devs familiar with this part of the code might take a look or chime in. There might be a good reason why this is still an issue.

Regards,
Adrien