[GNC] First Day of the Week

John Morris johnjeff at editide.us
Mon Aug 12 23:01:49 EDT 2019

Hi Adrien,

> How does first day of the week affect reports in GnuCash? The only report I can think of that might be an issue is the Expenses/Income vs. Day of the week, but each day is reported separately, though Sunday is listed first in the key, it is a pie chart. All other date selections I can find are based on month or longer, or use specific dates. (do some reports give weekly subtotals for example? I haven’t seen or used that yet)

  The main issue for us is a report we use to keep track of our income work. It reports the amount billed in the current week and each of the weeks since the beginning of the previous month. Each of those weeks starts on GnuCash's default week-starting day rather than the day we would like to start on. I set this up with a simple transaction report by setting the date range to run from the "start of previous month" to "today". I then set the primary sort key to "Date" and the primary subtotal for date key to "Weekly". If there is a way to get this level of granularity to start on a different day, I would like to hear about it.

> And please report any issues you find. While previous reports may not have received attention (yet) that does not mean some other issue won’t. It might be that someone else with developer skills and time might jump in and fix one or two. One issue may shed light on others. A discussion may ensue on how to address the issue for when it is actually fixed. So reporting isn’t a waste of time even if they don’t get fixed right away. (or even for an extended period)

  I'm sorry, but (as I said) I have a lot on my plate. Spending the time to write up clear bug reports that probably won't be looked at for years and certainly won't be addressed any time soon does not seem like a good investment at this time.

Best,
John