[GNC] Default tab on open

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Aug 13 11:27:59 EDT 2019

Rick,

It might not be as bad as you fear.

I never used the scroll feature and just kept closing tabs as they got too numerous.

I don’t keep my GnuCash window full width to allow for some other windows on the same screen. (bills & Invoices due reminders and the upcoming SX along with a calculator. This also gives me screen space to view PDF copies of bills to enter into GnuCash)

Since moving my tabs to the left, I now keep about 8-10 open at all times (mostly reports) and I use them much more and find it easier to ’see’ the one I want more easily than when they were on top. It took me all of maybe a day or two of adapting.

The only drawback is lots of tabs, especially with complicated reports, can slow down the re-opening of GnuCash, particularly on Windows. Fortunately (though I’m on Mac) I never shut the app down except to upgrade.

Regards,
Adrien