[GNC] journal entries

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Tue Aug 13 17:04:55 EDT 2019

On 8/13/2019 10:57 AM, Dale Alspach wrote:

> The Gnucash documentation could make some general statements about
> differences between Gnucash and other accounting software, but it would be
> too much to expect specifics about the other software.
> Dale
  Gnucash IS ordinary, run of the mill, double entry accounting software
<< all the double entry apps I have used are also "virtual journal" >>
There is little to learn for anybody familiar with double entry
bookkeeping (and that IS standard for accounting, has been for a VERY
long time)

If you mean "differences from other applications that are NOT standard
accounting" why should that be necessary. Shouldn't simply saying that
gnucash is "double entry bookkeeping" enough? The documentation DOES
make that clear. Not up to gnucash to point out that non-double entry
isn't standard accounting.

Michael D Novack