[GNC] journal entries

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Wed Aug 14 06:12:09 EDT 2019

On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 17:04:55 -0400
Mike or Penny Novack <stepbystepfarm at comcast.net> wrote:

> If you mean "differences from other applications that are NOT
> standard accounting" why should that be necessary. Shouldn't simply
> saying that gnucash is "double entry bookkeeping" enough? The
> documentation DOES make that clear. Not up to gnucash to point out
> that non-double entry isn't standard accounting.

Some type of writing that says
	"Gnucash enforces the industry standard of double-entry
	accounting. You may have been using a package which works
	differently, and if you have been using X Y or Z we recommend
	that you read about double-entry accounting before you
	start." (Links to suitable sites)
This would be preferable to no information - and perhaps drop by one
third the number of queries here which have started with a
misunderstanding about accounting and blame the program.

Liz