[GNC] I can no longer connect to mysql after upgrading to Debian Buster

sepp sepp at mail.moosbauer.net
Wed Aug 14 13:58:19 EDT 2019

Hi

Sorry, I do not even know if this belongs here but I am a little lost

I am a happy GnuCash user for years and have used Mysql as a backend for
quite some time. Now I upraded Debian from Stretch to Buster and can no
longer connect to the Mysql Database. Yes I can connect in the shel using
the same credentials ...

1st "Gnucash caould obtainm the lock for mysql://...
When I select Open Anyway I get a message Unable to save to databse with the
option cancel. Selecting cancel just reproduces the message so I have to
kill it from the shell
When I select Open RO -> Unable to save to database. Book is marked
read-only. Close option just reproduces the message - again killing in the
shell
Gnucash Version 3.4 Build ID: 3.4+ (2018-12-30)

any advice is very much apreciated

Thank you kind regards
Sepp