[GNC] GnuCash -- Flatpak -- Update assistance needed

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Aug 17 14:54:18 EDT 2019

Regarding the settings, this section in the flatpak documentation is probably
relevant:
http://docs.flatpak.org/en/latest/sandbox-permissions.html#dconf-access

I haven't figured it all out yet, but it seems flatpak itself is in a state of
transition from using external dconf access to using a sandboxed dconf
instance. That latter requires a fairly recent version of xdg-desktop-portal
installed on your system.
If you don't have that, you can try to add the command line switches as
outlined in the green box to your flatpak run command like so

flatpak run --filesystem=xdg-run/conf \
            --filesystem=~/.config/dconf:ro \
            --talk-name=ca.desrt.dconf \
            --env=DCONF_USER_CONFIG_DIR=.config/dconf run org.gnucash.GnuCash

You may again require sudo rights for this to work.

Geert