[GNC] GnuCash -- Flatpak -- Update assistance needed

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 17:02:51 EDT 2019

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 2:31 PM Tommy Trussell <tommy.trussell at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Geert:
> As a follow-up, I installed via flathub on my production system (Ubuntu
> 18.04). I installed flatpak using the flathub-recommended PPA, then removed
> the Ubuntu GnuCash version 2.6.19 package and installed the flatpak.
>
> It's not running correctly. Lots of "No such language" errors.
>
> I pinged you (Geert) on irc but in case I lose that connection, here's the
> pastebin of the output from running gnucash.
>
> https://pastebin.com/scjbprQ3

As I reported on IRC, I deleted the caches as described in
https://github.com/flathub/org.gnucash.GnuCash/issues/24

which didn't help. HOWEVER I was able to get it to start and open my test
file using the command

$ GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0 flatpak run org.gnucash.GnuCash
/home/twt/Documents/marthatest/MarthaTest.gnucash