[GNC] GnuCash -- Flatpak -- Update assistance needed

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 18:14:38 EDT 2019

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 4:02 PM Tommy Trussell <tommy.trussell at gmail.com>
wrote:

> As I reported on IRC, I deleted the caches as described in
> https://github.com/flathub/org.gnucash.GnuCash/issues/24
>
> which didn't help. HOWEVER I was able to get it to start and open my test
> file using the command
>
> $ GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0 flatpak run org.gnucash.GnuCash
> /home/twt/Documents/marthatest/MarthaTest.gnucash

Just to update folks seeing this on the email list, the compile flag makes
the flatpak run but in a sub-optimal fashion.

For anyone affected by this particular issue (flatpak of GnuCash fails to
launch with many messages on the console due to the guile source files
being newer than the compiled files), look for updates on the github issue
tracker:

https://github.com/flathub/org.gnucash.GnuCash/issues/24