[GNC] Finance::Quote morningstar uk (and europe?) have changed stuff

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Dec 1 10:36:16 EST 2019

> On Nov 30, 2019, at 12:58 PM, Wm via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> On 24/11/2019 23:07, Richard Ullger wrote:
>> On Sunday, 24 November 2019 04:05:23 GMT Wm via gnucash-user wrote:
>>>
>>> Which OS and perl version are you on?  At the moment it is looking like
>>> gnc might need a more recent version of strawberry perl on Win but I
>>> can't quite work out why.  If you (or anyone else) let me know your
>>> version stuff I'll try and work it out and take it up in the dev list or
>>> with the FQ people as appropriate.
>> I'm running gnucash on Arch Linux, perl version 5.30.1 https://www.perl.org/
>
> Getting a more up to date perl on Win sorted it out.  I'll put this on the bug-list as it seems gnc on Win has no way of working out when it needs a new perl.

Perl 5 is very stable in terms of language features and mstaruk.pm has had only a couple of string changes--no code--since it was first contributed 6 years ago.

The problem was more likely that something was wrong with the perl instance: Either it got corrupted or Microsoft pushed a subtly incompatible change to one of its dependencies. Did you try reinstalling the same version of perl that you had?

Regards,
John Ralls