[GNC] 3.7 Accounts open bar

elvis elvis at dogonfire.com
Tue Dec 3 07:08:30 EST 2019

On 3/12/19 8:58 pm, Geert Janssens wrote:
>> In 2.6.12 I have 12 accounts open with space for 3 or 4 more. They all
>> have close buttons on them, and every bit of text is readable.
>>

>> In 3.7 I have 12 accounts open, but to fit them on the screen I have had
>> to change preferences --> windows to width 7. Which makes the account
>> names unreadable. And there is no more space to open other accounts.
>>

>> is there a way to bring back the old behaviour? It looks like someone
>> has tried to pretty things up, but it has made it unusable.
> The "someone" in that sentence is the upstream gtk project. We depend on their
> code to create the graphical user interface for gnucash. When Gtk switched
> from version 2 to 3, they redesigned all of the user interface elements the
> gtk library provides. In many cases the new elements take up more space as you
> noted.
>
> As to what can be done about it: you can tweak the style sheet used by gnucash
> to render the user interface elements on screen. Starting points for this can
> be found here:
> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3#Visual_Styling

Thanks Geert,
I'm both super happy that I can do something about it, and also sad to find out that all those threads that ended in "fix the CSS" apply to me. I was hoping it wouldn't be the case but kind of expecting it. I will report back with results.

--
Arachnohobophobia: Fear of homeless spiders