[GNC] Invoice date field starts too narrow

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Dec 12 14:44:23 EST 2019

> On Dec 12, 2019 w50d346, at 1:35 PM, David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> How would the code know how wide the entire date is when it may take months to see a date with all wide digits when only selected dates appear.  Date field also randomly expands when that pesky calendar widget appears.

Not sure what you mean by ‘wide digits’.

I always see four digits for the year and 2 for both month and day. I can’t even find a setting to change that. (in GnuCash or in MacOS)

But my guess would be that it would either check or store the size of the displayed date. How does it know how to size the column now when you double click? Certainly it either knows or checks the size of the content.

Yes, invoices are different. The widget overlays the date, it doesn’t cause the column to grow. If you want to see the whole date with the overlay, you have to manually resize the column, but then you get padding in that column which may generate a scroll bar.

I don’t think anything in this thread is concerning registers or any suggestions to change how they work. The topic was about invoices.

Regards,
Adrien