[GNC] New user - help understanding accounts

Anton Hughes anton.c.hughes at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 02:58:28 EST 2019

Hello

I'm trying to setup gnucash to do my bookkeeping.

I've downloaded all of my transactions from my bank account, and can import
them into gnucash

However, I find the Accounts to be confusing. My bank account isnt
something I would classify as an expense or an income as there are both
deposits and withdrawals.

To me, it seems that the gnucash 'Account' is more of a description, or
category, of a transaction, eg, Office supplies, and not analogous to a
bank account.

Is there another concept in gnucash that is specifically for bank accounts?

Thanks