[GNC] Invoice date field starts too narrow

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 12:51:42 EST 2019

Now we making some progress!

Since I do not use invoices and I am also living in the past on release
2.6.19 in Linux, my experience is not germane, but I will note that I see a
tendency in regular account register windows for the date fields (and the
three amount fields) to change width from week to week, tho they usually
get wider, and I have not identified a pattern other than the fact that it
happens in a VirtualBox machine that also seems to change it's size from
time to time when it is re-booted.

David Carlson

On Sat, Dec 14, 2019 at 11:15 AM Axel Essbaum <axel at essbaum.com> wrote:

> Manually widening the date field applies only to that invoice, and only as
> long as the invoice's tab is open. If I close the invoice's tab and reopen
> I get a narrow date fields again.  Creating a new invoice also results in a
> narrow date field.  As far as I can tell no adjustment to field widths is
> carried forward to subsequent invoices.
>
> Date order has no effect - MDY is also chopped off for me.
>
> I'm on macOS Mojave, GC 3.6 - Build ID: 3.6+(2019-06-29)
>
> - Axel
>
>> Axel Essbaum
> axel at essbaum.com
>

> > On 14 Dec 2019, at 18:07, Adrien Monteleone <
> adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:
> >
> > Ah, now I understand.
> >
> > Curious that it doesn’t show the entire first part of the date by
> default. (it does for me)
> >
> > If you manually make the column wide enough to show the full date, (drag
> the right-hand header divider to the right) and then post that invoice,
> does the next new invoice carry over that width or does it default back to
> truncating?
> >
> > Like David C., I’m also curious to know if MDY instead of DMY order has
> any effect for you. (I use MDY) That would help narrow down the cause.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Adrien
> >
> >> On Dec 14, 2019 w50d348, at 7:48 AM, Axel Essbaum <axel at essbaum.com>
> wrote:
> >>

> >> What is the date for the bottom line (the line with the widget) in the
> image?  It appears to be 1.12.19 but it's actually 11.12.19 (the first "1"
> is chopped off and not visible).
> >>
> >> - Axel

> > -----

David Carlson