[GNC] Invoice date field starts too narrow

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sun Dec 15 15:38:03 EST 2019

The default for all systems is XML.

You can choose to save your file as type sqlite instead. (the XML version will still be on disk, so if you work in the sqlite file make sure to treat the XML as an archive - it won’t contain newer transactions.)

This will result in every change being saved as it is made. (no need to periodically save, or set a save interval)

This won’t help the initial problem of with the narrow date width, but it might aid in making your custom width ’stick’.

As I’ve mentioned, I don’t have a problem with the width being too narrow, but that might be because I’ve customized it long ago. Double-clicking the date header does shrink the width because I’ve got mine set to accommodate the widget and the double-click function doesn’t take it into account. (it sizes the date exactly, so when the widget appears, I loose part of the date)

Regards,
Adrien