[GNC] Sub-accounts disappeared during upgrade 3.5 > 3.7

Paul Kroitor paul at kroitor.ca
Mon Dec 16 09:52:54 EST 2019

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am sure, at least in terms of everything I can think of to look at. The payments in the chequing account have all been changed to Expenses:Hydro rather than Expenses:Hydro:Main House. More importantly, exporting a Chart of Accounts doesn't show any of the sub-accounts.

EXPENSE:"Expenses:Groceries":Groceries::Groceries:::CAD:CURRENCY:F:F:F
EXPENSE:"Expenses:House Insurance":House Insurance::House Insurance:::CAD:CURRENCY:F:F:F
EXPENSE:"Expenses:Hydro":Hydro::Hydro-Quebec:::CAD:CURRENCY:F:F:F
EXPENSE:"Expenses:Meals":Meals::Restaurants, Fast food:::CAD:CURRENCY:F:F:F
EXPENSE:"Expenses:Medical Expenses":Medical Expenses::Medical Expenses:::CAD:CURRENCY:F:F:F

One thing I did do a couple of weeks back is to check "Only display leaf account names" in the preferences, and I may not have opened the book since then. But surely this is just a display option and doesn't affect the underlying data at all.

There are only a couple of dozen transactions, and it's not hard to repair it manually, but I thought I should report the occurrence just in case anyone else see similar weirdness.

Paul