[GNC] Sub-accounts disappeared during upgrade 3.5 > 3.7

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Dec 16 11:15:27 EST 2019

The leaf display option would have rendered the opposite effect. You’d have seen only the child (sub-account) names with none of the parents.

So instead of:

Expenses:Hydro:Main House
Expenses:Hydro:Retreat
Expenses:Hydro:A-frame

you’d see:

Main House
Retreat
A-frame

Since it is a small number of transactions, I’d recreate those sub-accounts and then re-assign those splits manually. Certainly though, GnuCash shouldn’t delete and merge sub-accounts without at least a warning. (you can do this intentionally and get a dialog asking what you want to do - merge or delete the transactions)

It might be worth filing a bug over, but tracing down the cause and being able to repeat the bug might be tough.

Regards,
Adrien