[GNC] Multiple-Select during QFX import

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Wed Dec 18 15:58:17 EST 2019

Mike

I presume you have built the version for Stretch as the repository version
is still at 2.6.15 (or are using one of Stephen Butler's debian packages).
He started packaging them because the debian maintainers had no one working
on GnuCash. The release notes for 3.4 indicate that the changes should be
present. I do remember there was some confusion over the commit with the
changes (my ineptitude with git at the time) and John manually pulled the
changes in, but I can't remember now which version that was for. If possible
I would try upgrading to a later version.  The GnuCash wiki recommends
building the latest version on Debian because of the delay in updating the
official debian port. which affects both Ubuntu and Linux Mint. I went over
to building the latest release a long time ago because they were generally
so far behind. The wiki notes on building for Linux
(https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building_On_Linux) should either work or be
adaptable for Debian without too many changes as Debian uses apt or apt-get.
Once you have all the dependencies loaded it is usually straight forward.
Cmake will exit  with an error message if a dependency is missing. the
process is then to locate and load the required library and development
headers and then rerun cmake till it runs to completeion. I use the attached
shell script to load the dependencies for development. It includes a few
that are normally present on most systems by default which I noticed were
missing on a fresh Linux Mint install
gnucash-development-dependency-setup.sh
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t375329/gnucash-development-dependency-setup.sh>
. I cant remember whether Debian uses "apt" or "apt-get" but if it is the
latter, define "apt" as an alias for "apt-get" and the script should run.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens