[GNC] Unsplitting a transaction

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Dec 19 14:41:40 EST 2019

I think this thread appeared before but I don't have a saved solution. What
surprises me is that I cannot find how to unsplit a transaction in the Guide
or from a Web search.

On occasion I'll use my debit card in the supermarket and get additional
cash back to save a trip to a bank branch's ATM. I enter the transaction as
a split: one offsetting account is Cash, the other is Groceries.

The next time I want to enter a transaction for that supermarket (cash or
debit) it defaults to 'split transaction' and no matter how I futz with the
descriptions and amounts it refuses to change to Groceries as the cash
offsetting account.

Please explain how to do this and consider putting this information in the
next version of the Guide and Manual.

TIA,

Rich