[GNC] Gnucash 3.7 Won’t Set Up Online Banking

Traveler12 alangnuc at bigtowers.net
Sun Dec 22 00:26:04 EST 2019

First two attempts crashed Gnucash, so I upgraded to the daily release (dated
12/18/19). Program doesn’t crash, but also won’t set up any accounts.

Chase Bank was not accepting my password in the AqBanking session on the
first few attempts. Changed the header type to “103.” Now there’s no login
error, but also won’t complete the setup. A user is created, but no accounts
to go with it. For this bank, Gnucash must download transactions for three
accounts. AqBanking downloaded account info, but did not create them. A
transaction download attempt for the checking account returns this:

AqBanking v5.99.44.0beta
Sending jobs to the bank(s)
Sorting commands by account
Sorting commands by account
Sorting commands by provider
Send commands to providers
Send commands to provider "aqofxconnect"
Error Sending commands to provider "aqofxconnect":-104

No references available for this, but I did find a scam web site offering an
“Error 104 repair tool” for download.

American Express set up something for a single card account, but will not
download any transactions. Every attempt to download all transactions
results in only the current balance, and no data for download. Log shows a
successful session, even though AqBanking did not retrieve what was
requested:

Citibank sets up with no errors, but then won’t create the accounts (two
card accounts for this bank). Can’t download anything.