[GNC] saving file

Bob Hammons rdhammons at live.com
Sat Dec 21 14:28:35 EST 2019

: 5
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 12:08:33 -0600
From: Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net>
To: Gnucash Users <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
Subject: Re: [GNC] back-up problem

Are you accessing the data file over a network, on a cloud account, or on removable media such as a USB drive? Is the data file stored locally, but outside of your User folder?

Such problems usually involve permissions issues and there have been a few here on the list in the past concerning these various scenarios and most of them with Win10.

Regards,
Adrien

> On Dec 20, 2019 w51d354, at 11:36 AM, Fons van Oirschot <fonsvoirschot at hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> Dear user?sI have been using gnu-cash without problems for several years (Asus laptop windows home 10 update 1909) About a month ago I can open an exising data file, add data but not save it , even automatic saving no longer works. Otherwise if I use my desktop computer (windows XP) I can use gnucash normal. Is there some  body who recognize  this problem and  knows how to solve it?
>
> Fons van Oirschot

My windows computer after one update did the same thing, my program would open but would not save anything except on a usb drive.  My wife's Quicken also would not work.   Windows is blocking programs they deem unsafe.
In windows settings there is a place to unblock the programs that are blocked.  It takes a little work to find the right setting. I have switched to Linux.