[GNC] HTML Chart exports are blank on MacOS/Windows browsers

boldstripe michael.nabble at wengam.com
Sun Dec 29 15:15:11 EST 2019

Thank you for testing.

Because I sync my GnuCash prefs folder, I can open the same chart report in
the same GnuCash file from Saved Configurations within GnuCash on MacOS,
Linux and Windows. The chart (an expenses bar chart) displays properly
within Gnucash on all three platforms.

The HTML chart report export made on Windows displays in Firefox and
Internet Explorer on Windows. It does not display in Firefox on Linux or
MacOS.

The same HTML chart report export file made on Linux displays in Firefox on
Linux, but not Firefox on Windows or MacOS.

The same HTML chart report export file made on MacOS displays in Firefox on
MacOS but not on Safari on MacOS, and not on FireFox in Linux (have not
tested the Mac file in FF on Windows yet).

This behavior is reproduced if the HTML file is stored either in a
file-synced local folder (pCloud) or on a Network Attached Server on my
local network.

Before testing, I updated my Java installation on MacOS and Windows using
new installers at java.com, but at the 'verify' check (an Oracle URL), only
Internet Explorer on Windows gives a clean 'verified' response. With other
browsers and platforms I receive some variation on a message that
verification did not work, or with FireFox a message that FF 64-bit has not
supported JRE plugins since September 2018.

I am not qualified to know whether it is a GnuCash-specific problem. If you
think it is not, then I will not post a bug report.