[GNC] Deposit\Withdraw on one account, Increase\Decrease on others. Why?

ddhahn ddhahn at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 23:47:43 EST 2019

Hi all,

I'm a pretty new user to gnucash and am getting settled in. I've searched
the list for the answer to this. I found similar questions but nothing that
lead me to an answer.

I've noticed that one of my asset accounts has deposit\withdraw columns
while my other asset accounts have increase\decrease columns. I can't figure
out why this is and where I might changed it so that all the asset accounts
have the deposit\withdrawl nomenclature.

The "Use formal accounting" names setting changes everything to
debit\credit, so that's not it.

Thanks for all your help and for supporting this great project!

--dave