[GNC] Deposit\Withdraw on one account, Increase\Decrease on others. Why?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Dec 30 03:13:29 EST 2019

Deposit/Withdraw are used for bank accounts. Generic asset accounts use Increase/Decrease. There might be other special accounts besides bank accounts with their own context labels, but I don’t know because I use formal labels.

It doesn’t make much sense to ‘deposit’ into, or ‘withdraw’ from, an asset account that tracks, say—the value of your home.

The only way (without custom programming) to get the same column headings is to use formal labels. (they really aren’t that bad once you learn how they work. I prefer them)

Regards,
Adrien