[GNC] Recording/Reporting transfers between accounts

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Feb 1 09:59:49 EST 2019

> On Feb 1, 2019, at 8:55 AM, Maf. King <maf at chilwell.net> wrote:
>
> On Friday, 1 February 2019 14:31:21 GMT Finbar Mahon wrote:
>>

> Hi Finbar,
>
> Assuming that you are in basic  single line view mode in the register of the
> account that you are transferring from, then Description sounds right,
> Transfer would be the "destination" account and withdrawal of 1000.
> (effectively exactly the same as paying a credit card bill etc.)

Ah, I see now. ’Transfer’ is only visible in Basic Ledger mode. I normally use Transaction-Journal mode so I never see that. Perhaps that is why I switched so soon after starting with GC. The default terminology can be very confusing. (one doesn’t think of ’transferring’ to expense accounts, rather ’spending’ and once you grok debit/credit, you don’t even need to bother with specific account terminology.)

Regards,
Adrien