[GNC] Gnucash leadership team

Cricket Onebit cricketbeautiful at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 16:09:25 EST 2019

First, I'm sorry about including the entire digest. It was careless and
rude of me, since I've been around long enough to know better. I now get
individual emails, not digests, and not compose on the small screen that
makes it harder to check things. Also, apologies to Michael Stagle for
Replying rather than Reply All. I dream of the day all my email accounts
have the same settings.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. It looks like the core team will
change rather than disappear. (I've seen both good and bad open source team
changes.)

Yes, Quicken might be less likely to stick around than GnuCash. They've
long ignored problems in the Canadian product (some serious, not just bank
reports), and they think they can keep us by making it hard to export our
data.

Still, the conversion will be a lot of work, and The Devil You Know... When
I do it, I want to convert everything, so that I only have to maintain one
program. It will be a big project since I've used Quicken tags (labels?)
for a lot of things.

Yes, I really should use more than Quicken's automatic backup system. If
the program breaks, those backups will be useless. (I already have a good
method to backup my entire hard drive. Dad designed hardware, and drilled
into me that a backup on the same device is not a backup.)

I definitely appreciate the many volunteers and their work, from core
maintenance to bug tracking to helping people with basic double entry
accounting.

--
+++

Not as a ladder from earth to Heaven, not as a witness to any creed,
But simple service simply given to his own kind in their common need.
-- Rudyard Kipling