[GNC] GNUCash becoming unusable ..v3.4

Jamestk davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 02:35:40 EST 2019

>Diane Trefethen, your post made me smile.

I followed a similar path using Quicken/DOS even to the extent of owning a
HP LX200 (with back light). Then things took a turn, purchased a hugely
expensive Windows CE machine when MS first launched regretting ever since
the sale of my HP

There was a few years in between before I came across GNCash sometime around
v2.1, not sure. This was an easy transition back then with GNC using a
similar approach, with accounts v Quicken categories (I seem to remember
someone pulling me up quite sharply at the time "they are not categories,
they are accounts,lol"

Since then the problems have been few and far between and nothing dramatic,
its never crashed and no data has ever been lost. The support team are
helpful and try to accommodate where possible, that said I feel GNU is aimed
more at the Linux user base where tinkering is considered part and parcel of
the OS.

I suspect these issues are a lot less or not at all on Linux, this again
could be another option for me to switch over to Mint.

>All

Out of interest to those responding here, what OS are you using
Mac/WIN/LINUX ?