[GNC] accounts catergories are missing

Deva - pobox.deva at outlook.in
Sat Feb 2 03:54:27 EST 2019

Awijeet,

You can try changing the locale to US and re-launch Gnucash. It should show the Common Accounts setup this time. Once you have chosen your account setup and saved your datafile, you can switch your locale back to India.

I setup my datafile around mid 2015 when GST Indian Business was non-existent and so it showed me the Common Accounts to create my own hierarchy from scratch. But when I try to setup a new accounts file now, yes, I too see only the GST Indian Business.

I think the Common Accounts hierarchy is more useful to new users than GST Indian Business. The latter is only useful if you are providing services under GST. It will be nice to have the option of both hierarchies, so a new user can pick whichever (s)he wants.

Cheers.