[GNC] How to handle bounced check

Jeff Abrahamson jeff at p27.eu
Sat Feb 2 05:44:12 EST 2019

Please don't delete the transaction unless you really don't like good
accounting practices.  Always leave a trace of what you do and why.

Just select the original cheque payment, choose "Add reversing
transaction
<https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v3/C/gnucash-help/trans-reverse.html>",
modify the date and give it a slightly different number (I prepend "X"
to transaction numbers that are cancellations, any convention will do),
and add a description like "cheque returned for insufficient funds".

Separately, add an entry for the bank fee.  Refer to the transaction
number of the returned cheque (the X... in my world).

Jeff Abrahamson
http://p27.eu/jeff/
http://transport-nantes.com/