[GNC] Restricting expense report to single checking account

Steve Cohen stevecoh2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:58:42 EST 2019

On 2/4/19 5:12 PM, Christopher Lam wrote:
> I think only the Transaction Report will offer this flexibility.
> Account/Accounts - Bank account
> Account/Filter Type - "include"
> Account/Filter By.. expense accounts.
>

> On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 at 05:35, Steve Cohen <stevecoh2 at gmail.com
> <mailto:stevecoh2 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I wish to make an expense report (pie chart, bar chart, not important
>     which) to track spending over the past two years, but restrict the
>     content to expenses paid out of a single checking account.  I make
>     selections that seem appropriate to this task in the dialog, but I can
>     see through the output that my intentions with regard to the single
>     account are not being followed.  I can see that certain expenses which
>     are entirely paid out of another checking account are included in my
>     totals.
>
>     Am I doing something wrong, and if so, how can I get the output I'm
>     looking for?
>     If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see
>     https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information.
>     -----
>     Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
>     You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Thanks, that works!  In fact, it also works in reverse, and maybe better
that way:

Account/Accounts - all expense accounts
Account/Filter Type - "include"
Account/Filter By.. desired checking account.
Then do subtotals only.  Not sure that will work if you do it the other way.

It would be nice if this filtering mechanism could be extended to the
graphs.