[GNC] Transferring portion of mutual fund account to another fund account

Harry Foerster hfoerster at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 4 19:34:32 EST 2019

Hello I'm a recent user of Gnucash coming over from the Quicken world.

I would like to get some guidance on how to properly transfer a portion of a
mutual fund total units in account X into another mutual fund account Y. The
transferred units from account X are taken out on a FIFO basis and into
account Y maintaining the cost basis. This transfer is not a sale and
purchase and as such does not involve capital gains or losses.  I've looked
at the concept of lots and scrubbing but I'm uncertain on how the transfer
gets into the other account.

Thanks