[GNC] "Non-sticky" scroll bars in gnucash registers

Bucky Carr bcarr at purgatoire.org
Tue Feb 5 13:03:10 EST 2019

Then don't try to be so nice.  From your OP:

"When I click in the scroller and move my mouse, whenever the mouse
leaves the scroll bar area the display snaps back to where it was
before the scroll operation.  I initially tried to carefully keep the
mouse within the scroll bar area, and that does prevent the display
from snapping back - but my new ephiphany is this:  If I do manage not
to stray from the bounds of the scroll bar before releasing the mouse
button, then the display stays where my scrolling action left it BUT,
the moment I subsequently move the mouse out of the scroll bar area,
the display snaps to its previous position."

I followed your precise instructions above in MS Excel on Windows 10 a
few seconds ago and it behaves EXACTLY as you are describing above.

My impression of your OP is that you seek to blame GNUcash for some
unique behavior that is unseen anywhere else. Am I misunderstanding
your OP?